Partner ChallengeSimply Healthcare based in Coral Gables was founded in 2010 by combining two HMOs. The firm had 38,000 insured in Miami-Dade and Broward counties, a few dozen employees and 2010 revenues of $38 million. It is a Florida licensed HMO doe people enrolled in Medicaid and Medicare.
- 3.3M Medicaid eligible
- 2.3M Medicare recipients
- 25,000 living with HIV /AIDS on Medicaid
- Focus on the community and not lose sight of the customer (care about the patient)
- Magic Johnson Invested in the company and brought a lot of passion to the business
- The high profiled businessman brought a lot of exposure to Simply Healthcare; he was utilized in commercials, billboards and sides of buses and meeting with community leaders and providers.
- He meets with providers and community leaders to communicate the benefits of Simply Healthcare
- He advocates prevention and treatment, explains the importance of education and practicing safe sex, and coping with the disease to live a full life.
- The focus was to reach out to underserved communities in Miami-Dade and Broward counties including Haitians, Jamaican, African American and Hispanics and then expand into other counties
- Provide a variety of plans including different Medicaid options to the low-income families, 13 Medicare Advantage plans a special program for HIV/AIDs patients
- Simply Healthcare was the first to offer a special plan for HIV/AIDS patients on Medicare
- 12, 000 Medicaid recipients and 10,000 HIV/AIDS patients
- More than 202,000 members serving 60 Florida counties and employs 821 statewide
- 10,000 affiliated primary and specialty physicians, more than 165 hospitals
- Revenues are over $458 million in 2014
- Known as an outstanding minority business
- Rated a four star rating (out of 5) based on how well it administers benefits and how members rates its performance